COURSE CODE 203
PARTICIPANTS & PRE-REQUISITES FOR CHAINSAW TRAINING
1. Should be physically fit and agile with no history of epilepsy, etc.
2. Minimum age 16yrs. Participants should supply own Personal Protective Equipment; NPTC Assessment Schedule Criteria will be supplied
3. Passport sized photographs are required.
COURSE OBJECTIVES FOR THIS CHAINSAW TRAINING
Participants state the safety requirements & regulations in relation to tree felling operations (conifers and/or broadleaved trees).
Participants state the importance and functions of a fully trained & competent chainsaw operator.
Participants make the correct sequence of cuts to sever lightweight branches during snedding operations.
Participants understand and demonstrate safe take down of hung-up trees using hand tools.
Participants identify potential hazards and use appropriate techniques to overcome them, including tree felling techniques and tree inspection.
Participants undertake and demonstrate a knowledge of risk assessment methodology.
DURATION & AWARD
1. Normal course duration of this chainsaw course is up to 4 days
2. Upon successful completion candidates will be assessed for NPTC/City & Guilds competence unit 203.
Previous City and Guild Course reference for this chainsaw training course : CS31