COURSE CODE 205
1. Should be physically fit and agile with no history of epilepsy, etc.
2. Minimum age 16yrs. Participants should supply own Personal Protective Equipment (as per AFAG guidance); NPTC Assessment Schedules (can be supplied on request) & 1 passport sized photograph.
1. Participants state the safety requirements & regulations in relation to pole pruning operations.
2. Participants prepare for use, inspect and maintain the pole pruner to prescribed standards. Includes; starting/stopping, transportation, cutting system requirements & other routine maintenance where necessary.
3. Participants recognise and use approved techniques for safe and efficient working with the pole pruner. Demonstrate knowledge of exclusion zone requirements, 1,2,3 step cuts, operational safety checks & environmental considerations, etc.
4. Participants identify potential hazards and use appropriate techniques to overcome them.
5. Participants undertake and demonstrate a knowledge of risk assessment methodology including emergency procedures.
DURATION & AWARD
Previous City and Guild Course reference CS48.