COURSE CODE 301
1. Should be physically fit and agile with no history of epilepsy, etc. Experienced operator
2. Minimum age 16yrs. Participants should supply own Personal Protective Equipment; NPTC Assessment Schedule Criteria will be supplied. 1 passport sized photograph is required.
3. Participants must hold NPTC units 201 & 202 (Award in Chainsaw Maintenance & Cross-cutting)
1. Participants state the safety requirements & regulations in relation to tree felling operations (conifers and/or broad leaved trees).
2. Participants prepare for use, inspect and maintain rear handled chainsaws in workshop and field conditions. Includes starting procedures and pre-work checks.
3. Participants state the importance and functions of a fully trained & competent chainsaw operator.
4. Participants recognise and use approved techniques for safe and efficient cross-cutting operations.
5. Participants make the correct sequence of cuts to sever lightweight branches during snedding operations.
6. Participants understand and demonstrate safe take down of hung-up trees using hand tools.
7. Participants identify potential hazards and use appropriate techniques to overcome them, including tree felling techniques and tree inspection.
8. Participants undertake and demonstrate a knowledge of risk assessment methodology.
DURATION & AWARD
1. Normal course duration is up to 3 days.
2. Upon successful completion candidates will be assessed for NPTC competence unit 301.
Previous City and Guild Course reference CS32.
Maximum 4 participants on each course.