COURSE CODE 302
1. Should be physically fit and agile with no history of epilepsy, etc. Experienced operator.
2. Minimum age 16yrs. Participants should supply own Personal Protective Equipment; NPTC Assessment Schedule Criteria will be supplied. 1 passport sized photograph is required.
3. Participants must hold City & Guilding 201, 202, 301 (NPTC units CS30, CS31 and CS 32).
1. Participants state the safety requirements & regulations in relation to tree felling operations (conifers and/or broadleaved trees).
2. Participants prepare for use, inspect and maintain rear handled chainsaws in workshop and field conditions. Includes starting procedures and pre-work checks.
3. Participants state the importance and functions of a fully trained & competent chainsaw operator.
4. Participants recognise and use approved techniques for safe and efficient cross-cutting operations.
5. Participants make the correct sequence of cuts to sever lightweight branches during snedding operations.
6. Participants understand and demonstrate safe take down of hung-up trees using a winch and hand tools.
7. Participants identify potential hazards and use appropriate techniques to overcome them, including tree felling techniques and tree inspection.
8. Participants undertake and demonstrate a knowledge of risk assessment methodology.
9. Sever wind blown or otherwise uprooted tree, both under and over effective guidebar length in diamerter
10.Restrain overhanging (forward Weighted) root plates prior to severing stems.
DURATION & AWARD
1. Normal course duration is up to 4 days
2. Upon successful completion candidates will be assessed for NPTC competence unit CS34.
Previous City and Guild Course reference CS34