1. Should be physically fit and agile with no history of epilepsy, etc.
2. Minimum age 16yrs. Participants should supply their own Personal Protective Equipment (as per AFAG guidance); NPTC Assessment Schedules (can be supplied on request) & 1 passport sized photograph.
1. Identify the Risk Assessment and Emergency procedures on a work site
2. Prepare a site to work on damaged trees
3. Prepare chainsaw for operation
4. Restrain a root plate of a damaged tree with a hand winch and sever the root plate
5. Dismantle branches from a damaged tree
6. Fell a damaged tree
DURATION & AWARD
1. Normal course duration is up to 1 day.
2. Upon successful completion candidates will be assessed for NPTC City & Guilds competence unit 205 (CS48).
A City & Guilds Certificate Level 2 will be issued to all successful candidates.
Maximum of 6 candidates per course.