COURSE CODE 201 & 202
PARTICIPANTS & PRE-REQUISITES FOR BASIC CHAINSAW TRAINING
1. Should be physically fit and agile with no history of epilepsy, etc.
2. Minimum age 16yrs for all chainsaw courses.
3. Participants can use own Personal Protective Equipment or we can provide it if required ; City and Guilds/NPTC Level 2 Assessment. 2 passport sized photograph are required.
COURSE OBJECTIVES IN CHAINSAW TRAINING
1. Participants prepare for use, inspect and maintain top or rear handled chainsaws in workshop and field conditions. Includes starting procedures and pre-work checks.
2. Participants state the importance and functions of a fully trained & competent chainsaw operator.
3. Participants recognise and use approved techniques for safe and efficient cross-cutting operations.
4. Participants undertake and demonstrate a knowledge of risk assessment methodology.
DURATION & AWARD
1. Normal course duration is up to 4 days.
2. Upon successful completion candidates will be assessed for City and Guilds/NPTC units 201 & 202 (CS30) in Chainsaw Training
This is a level 2 award.
Previous City and Guild Chainsaw Course reference – CS30