1. Should be physically fit and agile with no history of vertigo, epilepsy, etc.
2. Minimum age 16yrs. Participants should supply own Personal Protective Equipment, NPTC White Schedule Leaflets (can be supplied on request) & 1 passport sized photograph.
1. Participants state/understand the safety requirements & regulations in relation to Hedge Trimmer operations (mechanical & hand-held).
2. Participants prepare for use, inspect and maintain the Hedge Trimmer to prescribed standards. Includes; starting/stopping, transportation, fuelling and routine maintenance requirements.
3.Participants recognise and use approved techniques for safe and efficient working with the Hedge Trimmer. Demonstrate knowledge of instrument controls, pre-start checks & machine tests, work technique on various ground conditions, working adjacent to highways, emergency procedures, safe working loads, most suitable time of year to trim, etc.
4.Participants identify potential hazards and use appropriate techniques to overcome them. Must undertake and demonstrate a knowledge of risk assessment methodology.
5.Participants must be able to negotiate an obstacle, undertake machine cleaning, post operation inspection and leave a site clean & tidy.
DURATION & AWARD
1. Normal course duration is 1 day.
2. Upon successful completion candidates will be assessed for Go4Skills Ireland certification in the safe Use of Hedge Trimmers.
Go4Skills Certificate will be issued on completion of the course.
Fee: €500.00 per course. Maximum 6 participants per course.