PARTICIPANTS & PRE-REQUISITES
1. Should be physically fit and agile with no history of epilepsy, etc.
2.Minimum age 16yrs.
3. Participants can use own Personal Protective Equipment or we can provide it if required ; NPTC Assessment Schedule Criteria will be supplied.2 passport sized photograph is required.
1. Prepare a boom mounted pesticide applicator for work, calibrate it and operate it to ensure correct application rate without risk to themselves, other people and the environment.
2. Use the information detailed on product labels to determine the approved uses for the product and its potential hazards to human safety, non-target areas and the environment in general.
3. Carry out daily and routine maintenance on a boom mounted pesticide applicator.
4. Carry out the correct procedure for cleaning personal protective equipment and application equipment which may have been contaminated with pesticide.
DURATION & AWARD
1. Normal course duration is up to 2 days.
2. Upon successful completion candidates will be assessed for City and Guilds/NPTC unit PA6