PARTICIPANTS & PRE-REQUISITES
1. Should be physically fit and agile with no history of epilepsy, etc.
2. Minimum age 16yrs. Participants should supply own Personal Protective Equipment.
1.Participants prepare for use, inspect and maintain grasscutting equipment & cutting attachments in workshop and field conditions. Includes starting procedures, pre-work checks and routine maintenance in accordance with the manufacturers handbook. .
2. Participants state and identify the correct protective clothing to wear and the standards required.
3. Participants operate a range of grasscutting equipment in a safe manner having regard for the safety of themselves, the public, property and environmental factors.
4. Participants identify potential hazards and use appropriate techniques to overcome them.
5. Participants undertake and demonstrate a knowledge of risk assessment methodology.
DURATION & AWARD
1. Normal course duration is up to 2 days; 1 day for experienced operators.
2. Upon successful completion candidates will be issued with a Go 4Skills Award.